Canton, OH 44706
The Procurement Manager is responsible for leading planning and coordinating all material purchasing functions. You will need to plan and manage the procurement of a large variety of complex materials and services to effectively support the production requirements, and to oversee the review and negotiations of purchase price, quality, availability, delivery, and other factors necessary to ensure the overall conformance of materials. The management position requires a full understanding of the existing processes in place and needs to have the ability to improve processes. The role will work directly with the Director of the Purchasing department.
· Develops and maintains accepted purchasing methods and records in accord with prescribed laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
· Supervising a purchasing team through the efficient utilization of resources to accomplish established goals and objectives.
· Support budget planning activities, as necessary.
· Establish and maintain appropriate KPI’s and reporting to ensure achievement of targets and objectives.
· Work closely with company authorized legal representatives to make sure contracts and terms are favorable to company objectives and that all commitments (costs, timeframes, etc..) and impacts are fully understood and are favorable and acceptable.
· Develop risk management procedures and plans to mitigate supply risk.
· Stay current with appropriate market indexes and indicators to facilitate cost negotiations and to predict future cost trends.
· Establish and maintain supplier selection criteria and on-going supplier monitoring procedures. Reviews opportunities for new supply sources and the suitability of materials offered.
· Effective use of company ERP system to facilitate optimum balance between risk, inventory levels, and on-hand inventory costs.
· Effective interaction with the various departments within the organization to remove constraints and achieve desired objectives.
· Responsible for acquiring materials, supplies, and services to fulfill the needs of the Corporation.
· Establish appropriate inventory levels and co-ordinates purchasing activity with other departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
· Follow’s up on orders through fulfilment. Escalates as needed to sustain supply.
· Remain knowledgeable of all government contractual requirements for the purchasing department and ensure compliance.
· Lead, coach and develop the procurement team.
· Proficient in MS Office applications; ERP experience is a plus.
· Minimum 3-5 years in materials/supply chain function/buying/purchasing; preferably in automotive.
· At least 1 year of previous supervisory experience
· Proficient in Problem Solving Decision Making
· Must be a self-motivated individual; displays ability to work in highly productive, constantly changing environment.
· Solid leadership skills; able to lead by example; decision-maker.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and negotiation skills required.
· Strong interpersonal and time-management skills
· Strong negotiation skills
Why Work for dlhBOWLES?
· Constant innovation driving towards technical and operational excellence.
· Competitive benefits package
· Engaging work environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
dlhBOWLES, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.