Columbia, MD 21045
Job Summary: The process engineer designs equipment controls, to meet specific product assembly and test needs using company best practices, focusing on flexibility/reusability, scalability and sustainability.
Reports to: Local supervisor/manager
Travel: Typically, 10% or less under normal conditions
FLSA Status: Full time, Salary/Exempt
Education: BS in Electrical Engineering preferred but equivalent experience will be considered
Experience: 1-5 years’ experience writing new controls program for new equipment designs, but tuning/debug and/or maintenance of existing equipment are positive experience considerations
Physical: Ability to lift 30 Lbs.; crouch, bend, stand and be alert continuously for 4 hours to work on equipment; hand dexterity and vision as needed to handle small wires, terminals, nuts, screws etc. associated with assembly equipment.
· Conduct work in such a way that not only oneself but others have the best chance for success – Teamwork.
· Design controls, pneumatic and electrical schematics
· Generate programs for Allen Bradley PLCs, HMI screens, servos, Fanuc Robots and sensors to manufacture and maintain equipment, following company best practices and processes
· Assist in assembling, tune and debug of equipment at build centers and vendors.
· Assist in plant launch and training plant personnel as required including travel to production facilities abroad (primarily Reynosa Mexico, Canton Ohio and Columbia Maryland).
· Assist in investigating and addressing customer complaints and continuous improvement opportunities
· Practice safe behavior and follow all safety rules at work including but, not limited to machine shop, equipment-build areas and production areas.
· Other duties as assigned.