Columbia, MD 21045
SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE
Job Summary: The Product Development Engineer (PDE) leads in the development of new and innovative products for the company. PDE is responsible to adherence to best practices and assures that parts meet structural specifications as well as assuring that the parts are optimized for injection molding with CAE simulation.
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3-5 years of product development experience
Physical Demands: physical demands are light, there are laboratory experiments to conduct and applicant is expected to learn CNC machining to support prototype fabrication
· Manage & execute the conception and design of new automotive products.
· Work with marketing and customers to identify the needs and goals for a new product, from function to aesthetics. Must be able to distill these needs into prioritized engineering requirements.
· Create product designs that fulfill dlhBOWLES and customer goals while integrating the needs of marketing and manufacturing engineering. Use of CAE tools such as Ansys FEA and Moldflow are an integral part of this role.
· Oversee and produce parts for comprehensive prototypes for fit and function evaluation. This could require machining parts on a CNC mill. We will train.
· Oversee benchmarking activities of competitor products and provide feedback on how our products compare.
· Provide technical support in the development of new suppliers and materials. Will work with suppliers to develop necessary libraries for CAE packages.
· Provide technical support and direction on internal improvement projects.
· Communicate project and task status to management and critical project stakeholders.
· Practice effective team skills by sharing knowledge and lessons learned within the group.
· Proactively update the Design Best Practice Book.
Why Work for dlhBOWLES?
· Constant innovation driving towards technical and operational excellence
· Competitive benefits package
· Engaging work environment that encourages personal and professional growth
dlhBOWLES, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.