dlhBOWLES is a premier supplier of innovative engineered plastic solutions to many of the largest corporations and most recognizable brands around the globe in the automotive and consumer products industries. By leveraging over 50 years of engineering and manufacturing excellence, the company designs and manufactures automotive and consumer products. The company is headquartered in Canton, OH and Columbia, MD with operations in the United States and Mexico.
Researches and analyzes warranty of products, identifies trends in warranty and reports findings to product development teams and Senior Management. Provides central point of contact for customer reporting of field failures of company products. Position requires strong analytical skills and a broad knowledge of all company products, applications and processes.
- Performs warranty research in all OEM (Warranty Systems) of products manufactured by the company. Monitors performance trends, identifies specific failure modes and provides reports on trends. Provides competitive analysis for warranty sharing agreements.
- Serves as focal point for complaints and reports of product defects from all customers and dealerships. Co-ordinates return of failed parts and visits customer sites for analysis. Provides timely feedback to customers, attends warranty meetings, prepares failure reports, recovery plans and presentations as required.
- Works closely with Product development teams and lab to analyze cause of failures, conduct root cause analysis, do pareto analysis to trend responsibility and provide feedback to organization. Ensure that lessons learned are updated for future products.
- Maintains cost tracking system for claims and prioritizes actions based on highest risks and cost impact. Negotiates warranty targets and claims
- Performs other duties in support of Quality department goals and objectives.
Three (3) or more years of experience in the automotive industry, preferably in an engineering or project engineering capacity. The position also requires three (3) of experience interfacing directly with customer representatives. Additional skills and qualifications include:
- Knowledge of product development and warranty systems
- Automotive experience preferred.
- Must have professional verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting to senior management and large employee groups.
- Experience in successfully managing multiple projects.
- Proven ability to manage conflict and find resolution.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Outlook and MS Office tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
dlhBOWLES, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.