Job Summary: The process engineer designs equipment, to meet specific product assembly and test needs using company best practices, focusing on flexibility/reusability, scalability and sustainability.
Reports to: Local supervisor/manager
Travel: Typically, 10% or less under normal conditions
FLSA Status: Full time, Salary/Exempt
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred but equivalent experience will be considered
Experience: Entry level, but experience in equipment design, machining components, assembling, tuning/debug and/or maintenance of equipment are positive considerations
Physical: Ability to lift 30 Lbs.; crouch, bend, stand and be alert continuously for 4 hours to work on equipment; hand dexterity and vision as needed to handle small wires, terminals, nuts, screws etc. associated with assembly equipment.
• Conduct work in such a way that not only oneself but others have the best chance for success – Teamwork.
• Design equipment using Creo/Pro E (Columbia location) or AutoCAD Inventor (Canton location)
• Generate 3D models and dimensional details necessary to manufacture and maintain equipment following company best practices and processes
• Assist in assembling, tune and debug of equipment at build centers and vendors.
• Assist in plant launch and training plant personnel as required including travel to production facilities abroad (primarily Reynosa Mexico, Canton Ohio and Columbia Maryland).
• Assist in investigating and addressing customer complaints and continuous improvement opportunities
• Practice safe behavior and follow all safety rules at work including but, not limited to machine shop, equipment build areas and production areas.
• Other duties as assigned.