Columbia, MD 21045
Job Summary: The Product Engineer will specialize in the development of new and innovative products for the Automotive Sensor Cleaning Team. Responsibilities will include: creative problem solving, experimentation, plastic part design, data analysis and report writing, project management, and overall company-wide innovation.
- Manage and execute the conception and design of new automotive products, including CAD modeling/drawing, APQP documentation development, BOM management, and project scheduling/tracking.
- Work with project teams and customers to identify the needs and goals for a new product, from function to aesthetics
- Create product designs that fulfill company and customer goals while integrating the needs of marketing and manufacturing engineering
- Provide technical support in the development of new suppliers and materials
- Communicate project and task status to management and critical project stakeholders
- Perform creative problem solving and investigative engineering activities, including experimental design, data collecting and analysis, and interpretation/communication of significant results. Programming experience in Python, MATLAB or similar may be needed to support these activities.
- Construct thorough project reports, including concise purposeful writing; intuitive and organized presentation of data; and fully-supported, objective, data-driven conclusions.
Education: B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
Experience: 1-5 years of prior engineering work experience
Why Work for dlhBOWLES?
- Constant innovation driving towards technical and operational excellence
- Competitive benefits package
- Engaging work environment that encourages personal and professional growth
dlhBOWLES, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.