dlhBOWLES is an innovative engineering and manufacturing company focused on the design and manufacture of fluid delivery systems. dlhBOWLES has evolved from its beginnings in 1969 as an engineering research facility to its current status as a major Automotive and Commercial Products supplier, specializing in fluid management. dlhBOWLES has an exciting opportunity for a degreed Mechanical Engineer in our Automotive Product Development Team.
If you are interested in designing and developing new products for the fast-paced and quickly evolving automotive industry, while contributing to an energetic and growing company, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requests.
This individual will have a major role as part of a team focused in product development and program management for various automotive OEM and tier 1 customers. The position requires a results driven individual with superior problem solving, innovative design, communication and interpersonal skills.
Position responsibilities for the Project Support Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Assisting team members in successful completion of projects by providing design and drawing support, APQP documentation support, BOM maintenance, prototype builds, and validation issues
- Supporting new business development by preparing designs for quoting using standard products and internal best practices
- Utilizing design best practices to contribute design input on new product development
- Executing customer engineering changes on production parts
- Interfacing with internal engineering groups and manufacturing teams to assist in the development and execution of new projects
- Providing technical support and direction on internal improvement projects
- Communicating project and task status to management and critical project stakeholders
- Practicing effective team skills by sharing learned knowledge with cross-functional team members
- Maintaining accurate product development records
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area
- Performing other tasks and job duties as assigned
- Traveling as required to interface with customer engineering and internal and external manufacturing bases
- BS in Mechanical or Automotive engineering
- Analytical/technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving
- Interpersonal communication, both written & oral presentation skills
- Organizational skills – able to prioritize responsibilities and exercise good judgment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding, tube routing, and Catia V5 or NX is a definite plus