The Tool & Die Maker is responsible for setting up, programming, and operating CNC milling machines and all other shop equipment to construct and repair molds. Performs related duties as required by Tooling Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or Trade School
Experience: 3 Years of Machining
Physical Demands: Lifting, Pushing, Pulling and Standing for Extended Lengths of Time
• Program using CAM software and operate all CNC style machines.
• Setup and operate manual mills, surface and centerless grinders, manual EDM machine, CNC EDM drill and all other shop equipment.
• Plans and fabricates setups and fixtures used on various machines.
• Use shop math and trigonometric formulas to calculate setup angles.
• Be able to fit mold for final assembly with supervised guidance.<br>• Works with injection molding to troubleshot mold related problems.
• Work from blueprints.
• Work with and maintain accuracy of +/- .001 thousandth of an inch.
• Maintains standard of less than 5% rework and scrap.
• Practice shop safety and good housekeeping.
• Maintain accurate records filling out daily timesheets.
• Complete all required training needed for dlhBOWLES records.
• Continuous improvement.
• Report all job-related issues to Tooling Manager.
• Maintain repair and maintenance history in Moldtrax.
• Work overtime as needed to satisfy production needs.