The Product Development Engineer is an integral role within our Marketing Department that works on many levels to aid in generating corporate strategies for marketing and product development initiatives. Not only does this position requires a high level of critical thinking and broad engineering application knowledge, it demands the expert communication and organization skills typically found in an experienced engineer.
Finally, to succeed in this position the engineer must also be able to analyze new and existing technologies in the market space and provide a succinct but effective summary to managers and other team members.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as the facilitator in competitive analysis at a product level, developing technical and market intelligence specific to customers and competitors. This requires the ability to generate reliable cost models of competing products, taking into account possible manufacturing processes, materials and their associated costs.
- Deliver comprehensive benchmarking engineering reports, with little oversight, on a monthly basis, thus supporting a larger knowledge sharing experience with engineering, sales and development teams on a quarterly basis.
- Work with Engineering and Marketing Managers to direct the pipeline development process of new business opportunities.
- On a monthly basis, conduct and summarize search results on domestic and foreign products and publications for trends within our product areas of interest; identifying threats, opportunities as well as suggesting internal course of action.
- Interface with Account Managers and Development Team to assist business development, supporting sales and development teams to target specific opportunities in Powertrain, Camera/Sensor Wash, Windshield Wash Systems and newly defined prospects.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: Minimum of 4-year college education with an engineering discipline. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Experience : At least 5 years of product experience and a working knowledge of part design and associated mass production manufacturing processes like injection molding, forming and extrusion.
- Prefer in Automotive or Consumer Products Industries.
dlhBOWLES is a premier supplier of innovative engineered plastic solutions to many of the largest corporations and most recognizable brands around the globe in the automotive and consumer products industries. By leveraging over 50 years of engineering and manufacturing excellence, the company designs and manufactures automotive and consumer products. The company is headquartered in Canton, OH and Columbia, MD with Sales Operations in Michigan. dlhBOWLES employs over 1,900 associates and operates multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout North America.
At dlhBOWLES we pride ourselves on our spirit of constant innovation. This drive towards technical and operational excellence is fueled by our most important asset – our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package for the selected candidate.
If you are looking for a place that offers an engaging work environment and fosters personal and career growth, dlhBOWLES is the place for you. Come join our team today!
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US without future sponsorship.
dlhBOWLES is an equal opportunity employer!