dlhBOWLES Inc. is seeking a HR/Payroll Specialist to join our team at our Canton, Ohio facility.
dlhBOWLES is a premier supplier of innovative engineered plastic solutions to many of the largest corporations and most recognizable brands around the globe in the automotive and consumer products industries. By leveraging over 50 years of engineering and manufacturing excellence, the company designs and manufactures automotive and consumer products. The company is headquartered in Canton, Ohio, and Columbia, Maryland with Sales Operations in Michigan. dlhBOWLES employs over 1,900 associates and operates multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout North America.
The HR/Payroll Specialist will act as the payroll coordinator for the business. This role requires a high degree of proficiency in systems, payroll processes, confidentiality and an ability to communicate across diverse functions. Given the importance of payroll and its impact on the business and employees, there is a requirement for strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with internal stakeholders and customers. The position will report directly to Human Resources but work closely and receive direction from Finance for finance related projects and needs. In addition to organization wide payroll, the incumbent will contribute HRIS administration and other HR related initiatives including new hire paperwork, orientation, payroll support and training documentation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop processes to support and administer the recurring bi-weekly payroll(s) and all other payroll related needs for the business
- Enter organization wide information in the HRIS/ERP for recording and processing
- Data entry and audit for all time and attendance and personnel transactions such as new hire, termination, leave of absence, benefits deductions, garnishments, etc. * Audit and reconcile data on both an ad hoc recurring basis
- Present change audit reports to Controller for review and approval
- File papers and documents into appropriate employee files; perform paper and system audits as necessary * Process Electronic Payroll
- Continue aim to streamline processes
- Provide monthly Payroll and H/R reporting to management
- Work on accounting related projects as needed
- Assisting with answering payroll queries from employees
- Ensuring all tax is being deducted correctly for employees and paid to relevant states and local municipalities
- Liaising with states regarding outstanding liabilities (Paycom handles most of this so we may want to say coordinate and/or follow up with the payroll provider)
- Completing year end checks within statutory deadlines
- Point of contact for employees for time and attendance and payroll
- Process payroll and maintain payroll information as required
- Vendor transactions including 401K, etc. and assist with all 401K processes
- State and Federal taxes, including quarter and year end reconciliations in coordination with finance
- Gross to net calculation, audit and balancing
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports
- Document workflow and work procedures
- May provide support to the recruitment process – background checks, new hire packets and benefit packets.
- May assist with and respond to benefit inquiries from employees
- Assist department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees
- Ensure and maintain accuracy of HR and employee information in ERP system and Payroll system.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years of administrative experience working with payroll and HR. Preferably direct responsibility for payroll processing at a business wide level.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated Payroll experience.
- A high level of computer proficiency with the ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Associates degree in business or related field is required.
- Bachelor degree in HR or a related business field is preferred.
- Ability to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues.
- Demonstrated experience with multi-tasking, organizational and problem-solving skills.
dlhBOWLES offers a competitive benefits package which, depending upon position and location, can include:
* Medical and Dental Insurance
* Vision Plan
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401K with Company Match
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Short and Long Term Disability
* Tuition Assistance Plan
* Paid Time Off
If you are looking for a place that offers an engaging work environment and fosters personal and career growth, dlhBOWLES is the place for you!
dlhBOWLES does not provide work visa sponsorship.
* Please note that all employees must pass a criminal background check prior to his/her date of hire.