General Summary of Job Duties
The HR Analyst will be responsible for payroll, HRIS, HR processes and creation of metrics. This role requires proficiency in systems, payroll processes and an ability to create and understand metrics and analytics. The HR Analyst will work cross-functionally to support payroll processes and HR systems requiring strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with internal stakeholders and customers. This position will report directly to Human Resources and work closely with other departments. In addition to business wide payroll, the incumbent will be responsible for HRIS administration, and creation and reporting of metrics. The incumbent will contribute to other projects including onboarding, orientation, training and benefits administration. Confidentiality and an ability to communicate across diverse functions is a must.
- Develop processes to support and administer the recurring bi-weekly payroll(s) and all other payroll related needs for the business.
- Identification of metrics and creation of reports and/or analytics to support business activities.
- Manage business wide information in the HRIS/ERP for recording and processing.
- Ensure and maintain accuracy of HR and employee information in ERP system and Payroll system. * Continue aim to streamline processes in the development of workflow and work procedures.
- Provide support to the business and employees regarding payroll and HRIS inquiries.
- Ensuring all tax is being deducted correctly for employees and paid to relevant states and local municipalities.
- State and Federal taxes, including quarter and year end reconciliations in coordination with finance.
- Liaising with states regarding outstanding liabilities. * Work closely with and facilitate vendor relationships to properly account for transactions, including 401K, medical, etc.
- Contribute to other projects including onboarding, orientation, training and benefits administration.
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports. Filing and record retention as required for owned processes
- Work on accounting and other related projects as needed.
- 3+ years of experience working with payroll and/or HR. Preferably direct responsibility for payroll processing at a business wide level.
- 3+ years of demonstrated Payroll experience.
- A high level of computer proficiency with the ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Bachelor degree in HR or a related business field is preferred.
- Associates degree in business or related field is required.
- Ability to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues.
- Demonstrated experience with multi-tasking, organizational and problem-solving skills.