dlhBOWLES Engineering Design group, is looking for a CAD Designer to support organization automotive projects and will be based in our Southfield, MI location. This contributor’s primary responsibility will be routing, updating and releasing hose assemblies in customer CAD systems using best practice routings and components, meeting both internal and customer standards. The designer will be expected to be flexible with work locations as they will need to work from dlhBOWLES Southfield office, FCA or GM’s VEC.
- Perform routing of washer hoses and fluid delivery lines in NX
- Creating, updating and releasing CAD files and drawings into customer Team Center
- Check 2D and 3D CAD models for compliance to customer standards, such as interference and minimum clearance conditions
- Create proposals for new systems and quote opportunities
- Work closely with customer release engineers and dlhBOWLES Project Engineering team
- Perform CAD support on-site at OEM.
- Other work: Perform and assist with on-site vehicle testing; follow-up/report on "action items’; support assembly plant build events; create proposals for new system/quote opportunities; attend and actively participate in both internal and customer development meetings
- Limited Local Travel as needed
- Education: Associate Degree in CAD, with emphasis on design and part packaging
- Experience: 2 years minimum experience in automotive industry
- Experience in NX 11 and Teamcenter 11; ideal candidate has experience with FCA or GM
- Experience with Plastics and assembly methods
- Knowledge of hose or cable routing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Collaborator that can work independently or as part of a design team, or be tasked independently
- Passionate customer focus
dlhBOWLES is a premier supplier of innovative engineered plastic solutions to many of the largest corporations and most recognizable brands around the globe in the automotive and consumer products industries. By leveraging over 50 years of engineering and manufacturing excellence, the company designs and manufactures automotive and consumer products. The company is headquartered in Canton, OH and Columbia, MD with Sales Operations in Michigan. dlhBOWLES employs over 1,900 associates and operates multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout North America.
At dlhBOWLES we pride ourselves on our spirit of constant innovation. This drive towards technical and operational excellence is fueled by our most important asset – our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package for the selected candidate.dlhBOWLES is an equal opportunity employer!
If you are looking for a place that offers an engaging work environment and fosters personal and career growth, dlhBOWLES is the place for you. Come join our team today!